https://newimagept.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Loaded-sweet-potatoes-recipe.jpg 400 600 Emma Paul https://www.newimagept.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/logo-new-image-large.png Emma Paul2015-02-05 11:25:582015-10-21 16:49:55Upgrade your BBQ chook: Loaded sweet potatoes
Ingredients (to serve 2)
- 2 sweet potatoes
- Cooked shredded chicken from a BBQ rotisserie or roast chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- ½ red capsicum, diced
- ¼ cup grated tasty or cheddar cheese
[/column] [column size=”1/2″]
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- Wash and pat dry sweet potatoes. Place them in the oven on a baking tray lined with baking paper and cook for around 50 minute, until they are tender when you poke them with a fork at their thickest part.
- Whisk together in a bowl olive oil, lime juice, cumin, oregano and minced garlic.
- Remove sweet potatoes from oven and allow them to cool enough to handle. Slice each in half lengthways, then scoop out some of the flesh, so that there is enough space to load them up. Pack away the scooped out flesh for another meal.
- Spread over the flesh of each sweet potato shell a little of the lime juice and spice mixture. Pop the sweet potato shells back in the oven for another 5 minutes to crisp up the skins.
- Spray a non-stick frypan over medium-high heat with a little olive oil spray and toss in the baby spinach, capsicum and shredded chicken. Cook for a minute or two, or until spinach has wilted.
- Remove sweet potato shells from the oven and fill each with the chicken mixture. Don’t be afraid to pile them high and make a mess! Sprinkle with grated cheese and put back in the oven for another 10 minutes. Amazing hot or cold!