https://newimagept.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Top-tips-for-beating-burnout.jpg 400 600 Liz https://www.newimagept.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/logo-new-image-large.png Liz2016-05-26 12:15:012016-05-26 12:16:01Top tips for beating burnout
Thanks to everyone who joined us last night for our Beat Burnout seminar. Our expert guests Katherine Baqleh and Simone Davis really challenged us to examine our lifestyles and diets, with plenty of actionable tips for those of us suffering the symptoms of adrenal fatigue.
There was so much great juicy info shared last night that we just had to pass the best bits on to the rest of our community. So in case you missed it, here are the top tips from our experts:
Simone Davis, Naturopath
- Learn to identify the symptoms of burnout before severe adrenal fatigue sets in: feeling unrefreshed upon waking, anxiety and irritability, central weight gain despite consistent effort with diet and exercise.
- Prioritise adequate and quality sleep: go to bed by 10pm and keep the devices away from the bed.
- Seek further testing and take the right supplements prescribed by a professional. Magnesium and Vitamin C are a great place to start.
Katherine Baqleh, Dietitian
- Plan properly balanced meals with plant food, carbohydrate, protein and fat.
- Spread you food intake over the course of the day rather than eating one big meal.
- Use regular olive oil for cooking at high temperatures and extra virgin olive oil for dressing salads.
Sean L’Estrange, (that’s me)
- Create routines around all areas of your life: work, exercise, social, family. Make lists and use apps like Sleep Cycle, Evernote and Headspace to gain control and get feedback.
- Listen to your body and ask: based on how stressed I am, what type of training is best for me today? HIIT, strength training, cardio or Pilates? Or just an outdoor walk?
- Train in a group and be a part of a training community of likeminded people.