We get it: salads just don’t cut the mustard in Winter. But you do still need to fill half your plate with veggies at EVERY SINGLE MEAL if you want to keep the kilos off.
Our warm cauliflower and quinoa salad is an easy, quick and very tasty way to pack the veggies into your dinner. Just add a portion of lean protein for a complete meal.
Ingredients to serve 4
- 1/2 cauliflower cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 cup of flat leaf parsley leaves chopped
- 1 cup of mint leaves chopped
- 1 cup of baby spinach leaves
- 1 punnet of cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup of quinoa cooked to packet instructions (we used black quinoa)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 220C.
- Combine cauliflower, crushed garlic, cumin and olive oil in a bowl and mix with your hands to combine. Tip into a baking dish lined with baking paper, pop in the oven and roast for 15-2 minutes or until cauliflower is cooked and golden.
- Combine herbs, baby spinach, tomatoes, quinoa and cauliflower in a bowl.
- To make dressing, combine ingredients in a bowl and whisk together.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine. Serve with lean meat or stir through chickpeas for a complete, balanced meal.