You need some yummy afternoon snack options in your arsenal and our crunchy carrot fries and moorish herby tahini dip definitely hit the spot.
Carrots are one of our favourite daggy superfoods! Packed with betacarotene (a powerful antioxidant) and fibre, yet light on calories, carrots are a far better nutritional choice than potatoes for your fries.
Tahini, a spread made from sesame seeds, is also a great addition to your diet, as it’s rich in a host of important minerals and healthy fat.
The best part of our carrot fries and dip? They’re kid approved!
- 3 large carrots (up the carrots for entertaining)
- 1 tablespoon almond meal
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1.5 tablespoons extra version olive oil
Herby tahini dip
- 1/3 cup hulled tahini
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 handful basil
- 1 handful parsley
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 180C (fan forced).
- Peel and cut carrots into fries. Toss carrots with almond meal, parsley and olive oil, then spread out in a baking dish lined with baking paper. Pop in the oven for around 40 minutes or until fries are nice and crispy.
- Meanwhile, get the herby tahini dip going. Put tahini, garlic, herbs, lemon juice, white wine vinegar, olive oil and water in a food processor and whiz until combined to a nice consistency. If it’s too think, add a little more water or olive oil then whiz again.
- Serve fries with dip. No judgment for double dipping!